Creating Timesheet Associations
Menu Item: Accounting/Codes
- Login to Hour Timesheet as Admin or Accountant
- Navigate to Accounting → Codes sub menu
Creating charge code associations by employee will limit what each user is able to charge to when entering hours on a timesheet. Employees can have multiple charge code associations and charge codes can be assigned to multiple employees. To create charge code associations, follow the steps below:
Map/Associate Charge Code Data
- Navigate to the Accounting/Codes menu
- Click the Create New button
- Select the Customer/Job to expand the list of Select Charge Codes. Select from the list the Customer/Job(s) needed for association to employee(s) REQUIRED
- Select the Service Item to expand the list of Select Service Items. Select from the list the Service Items needed for association to employee(s) OPTIONAL
- Select the Class list to expand the list of Classes. Select from the list the Classes needed for association to employee(s) OPTIONAL
- Select the Pay Type to expand the list of Select Pay Type(s). Select from the list the Pay Types needed for association to employee(s) OPTIONAL
- Click the Add button
Assign Employee Charge Codes
Creating charge code associations for each employee will limit what the user is able to charge to when entering hours on a timesheet. Employees can have multiple charge code associations and charge codes can be assigned to multiple employees. To create charge code associations, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Accounting/Codes menu
- Place a check in the Available Authorized Charge Code(s) – created in previous setup process.
- Select from the Available Employees list the appropriate employees to be associated to the Available Authorized Charge Code(s) from above.
- Click the > to move the selected employees from #8 above to the selected employee list box
- Click the calendar icon box to select a Start Effective Date and End Effective Date (optional)
- Click the Assign button to complete.
NOTE: If no charge code associations are created, employees will have access to all codes.
Hour Timesheet Subscription
Payments in Hour Timesheet are handled by Stripe. Stripe is an online payment service that accepts all major credit cards. Users of Hour Timesheet are by default given a 30-day free trial. Once the trail period is over, the admin user will need to access the payment page under the Settings menu and provide the appropriate credit card information to continue to use the Hour Timesheet software. The site will prompt the users upon the expiration of the free trial and disable full functionality of the software.
Accounts are billing monthly and all payments are non-refundable.
NOTE: Once payment information is entered into HTS, the content is removed from the server. Hour Timesheet does NOT store any payment information on the cloud.
Take advantage of Coupon Codes
Call us today to see what our current offers may hold for you.
Inactive Timesheet Users
Hour Timesheet will import your company’s employee list during the initial data import process. To set a inactive timesheet users, follow the steps below:
- Login to Hour Timesheet as a user with Admin role
- Navigate to the Employee List menu
- Click the More button next to the name of the employee you are wanting to terminate
- Click the “Turn Sync Off” if this user is active in your company QuickBooks file
- Click the “Make Inactive”
This user will no longer show up on the active employee list. You can use the Filter button on the top of the employee page to toggle the view between user types
Timesheet Status Options
There are 3 different status’s file employee self-sign-up email invitations from Hour Timesheet
- Pending Invite – the employee has not been sent an email invitation to sign up for Hour Timesheet. An email address must be in the email address field to trigger the Send Invite process.
- Invitation Sent – the email invitation has been initiated from Hour Timesheet. The status will remain unchanged until the employee completes the sign-up process.
- Signed Up – the employee has received the email and clicked the Sign-Up button to initiate the signup process. The link in the email will expire within 72 hours. If necessary, the Admin can resend the sign-up invitation to the employee.