Create and Assign Overtime Rules
This feature allows the system admin to establish a business rule to set a threshold on the timesheet so that employees are forced to charge time to an “overtime” pay type once certain criteria is met (defined by the rule). Once configured; the employees will be notified upon timesheet entry that hours must be moved to a pay type associated with overtime. These hours will be identified in RED on the timesheet to the employee
- Login to Hour Timesheet as Admin or Accountant
- Navigate to Settings/Overtime Rules tab
- Click Create New Overtime Rule
- Enter Rule Name (description of rule)
- Identify Pay Type(s) included in OT – these pay types should be the pay types associated with core hours (Regular, Hourly, etc.). This setting allows for multiple pay types to be identified.
- Select check box with Rule Option. This setting allows the user to select a “Daily” or “Weekly” overtime Click Ok.
- Identify Pay Types from drop down box that contain the overtime pay type that must be used once a user has exceeded the daily and/or weekly overtime rule.
Assigning OT Rules
- Click the rule from the drop-down box
- Move the Employees from the “Available” box to the “Selected” box – these can be selected one at a time or be filtered by group.
- Click Assign