Importing Data from QuickBooks Online
To sync your data, you will need access to your login credentials for your QuickBooks Online account.
You are able to select which data elements to sync between QuickBooks and Hour Timesheet. The import tool will sync Employees, Customer/Jobs, Service Items, Classes and Vendors.
- Login to your Hour Timesheet login page as user with admin or accountant role
- Navigate to the Settings menu item
- Click the Connect to QuickBooks tab (this article requires that the connection to your QuickBooks Online company file has already been established during the setup of Hour Timesheet.
- Place a check in the box next to the data that you would like imported From QuickBooks Online into Hour Timesheet
- Click the Import button to initiate the import process.
NOTE 1: The import process should be run each time new data is entered into QuickBooks.
NOTE 2: Hour Timesheet does not allow Customer/Jobs, Service Items, Classes or Vendor data to be added through the Hour Timesheet software. You must add the data to your QuickBooks company file first to sync the data. Hour Timesheet does allow for employee data to be created using the software but these employees WILL NOT sync timesheet data back into your QuickBooks file.