Employee Leave Management
People are an important resource of any business. Unauthorized absenteeism, lack of proper time/holiday planning, affect the overall efficiency of any organization. Many leave related issues can be addressed by using an automated leave tracking software such as Hour Timesheet.
A uniform application of leave policies and accurately tracking leave balances, can lead to greater employee satisfaction and enables organizations to engage employees better.
A complex leave management software solution can be utilized to automate time off request as well as real-time access to paid leave such as holiday, sick, vacation or comp time. Benefits of an online leave management system include the following:
- All employees are able to apply or leave request in a central location
- Aids user by having online access to leave balance data and leave transactions
- Communication and enforcement of all company leave policies
- Enhanced manager insight - supervisors and HR manager receives email alerts when employees request and use leave
- Eliminate manual calculations of leave balances and paper-based leave request.
- System-managed carry-over values from year to year.
- System managed ceiling for each type of leave
Implementing the right employee leave management solution will significantly reduce work by the HR team as well as well as employees. Centralized business processes will reduce the time and effort spent by HR on maintaining accurate leave records in Microsoft Excel or by hand.
Hour Timesheet Leave Management Types
Earned Leave - Leave hours are earned based on the number of hours worked on the employee timesheet.
Accrued Leave - Leave hours are accrued based on the employee's hire date. Accrual options are weekly, bi-weekly, semi-monthly and monthly.
Employee Leave Management Features
- Balance is reduced after timesheet is submitted at the end of each timesheet period.
- User receives error message upon entering time that exceeds current balance.
- User may be allowed to “go into the negative” if feature is configured.
- System will stop accruing leave once limit “ceiling” is reached.
- System will reset balance to “carry-over” value each year.
- Balance will reflect manual adjustments (if any).