Web Connector Troubleshooting Guide
STEP A. End all background processes related to QuickBooks using Task Manager.
- QuickBooks (Right click – End Task)
- Web Connector (Right click – End Task)
Step B. Delete Existing Web Connector File from Computer Using Registry Editor
- In Windows, enter “regedit” in the Windows search
- Expand the tree in this order [HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareIntuitQBWebConnector].
- Right click QB Web Connector, click Delete
Step C. Set QuickBooks and related files to run as Administrator
- In Windows, search for Web Connector, right click, check “Run as administrator”.
- In Windows, search for QuickBooks, right click, check” Run as administrator”
Step D. Set HTS QuickBooks Integration file to run as administrator
- Right click on HTS QuickBooks Integration icon from your desktop
- Click properties
- Click the Compatibility tab and check that option “Run this program as administrator”
Step E. Run the HTS QuickBooks Integration file (double click on desktop icon) from #4 above. When you see the screenshot below, make sure you change the selected option to the one highlighted below.
Step F. From your browser, login to your account of Hour Timesheet (URL used in signup process.
- Navigate to the Setting Menu
- Click the Connect to QuickBooks tab. You should now see a green text that states “Connected”