Managing employee timekeeping software can be a hassle for any company, but it doesn’t have to be. Timekeeping software such as Hour Timesheet can eliminate the frustrations that accompany timekeeping by automating the processes associations to payroll and billing. Most businesses already use an automated payroll service, but many are slow to navigate to an automated timekeeping software solution.
Below are the top advantages of switching to an automated timekeeping solution such as Hour Timesheet:
- Saves time - The most basic benefit to your business is that less time will be spent, both by employees and your accounting staff, tracking, recording and processing their time spent working each day. Some businesses have reported cutting their time calculating payrolleach month by up to 70%.
- Makes your business scalable - Manual timekeeping software may work, in some respects, for your business now. If you expect your business to grow, you’ll want a system that can grow with you as you hire more employees and have more information to track and enter into payroll.
- It’s the law - State and federal labor laws, such as the Fair Labor Standards Act, regulates things like overtime pay and record keeping, both of which can be problematic with the wrong solution. Employers are required to accurately record the hours worked by nonexempt employees and to pay them for all time worked. These requirements appear straightforward. In practice, however, capturing the time worked by employees can be difficult, making accurate payment of wages a challenge. Using an online solution such as Hour Timesheet helps your organization stay within the law.
- Reduces errors - Every company has had issues at one time or another when it comes to employees not receiving the proper amount of pay. Wage and hour lawsuits, particularly those claiming that employees were not compensated for all hours worked, are one of the most common types of lawsuits brought by employees against employers. With Hour Timesheet, employees submit each timesheet which includes a detailed audit trail of all timesheet activity.
- Increases profits - The bottom line for any business is to be profitable, and businesses are constantly looking for a way to cut costs and increase profits. When they have an automated employee timekeeping software solution, they are better able to understand the company workflow, and see where there are any problems that need to be addressed.
- Promotes employee/manager communication - Many employees get nervous when they hear their company is going to implement a policy of tracking of hourly time using an online timekeeping software solution. They hear the word “tracking”, and automatically feel as if they are being constantly watched. Employers need to make sure that their employees realize the reasons for having time timekeeping software. It is about payroll issues, client billing, and cutting expenses. These are things they can understand.
- Increases visibility – the right timekeeping software solution has the capability to help employees to better capture their time spent on various projects, while giving managers visibility into the employee’s work day. In addition, companies who hire contractors or have remote employees can keep costs down while ensuring accountability. Business owners and managers can see the overall picture of time spent on a project, which can help them re-prioritize or streamline processes, or pull additional resources to a project that needs more attention.
- Happier Employees – automated timekeeping software makes employees happier because the solution guarantees timely and accurate pay. Employees gain secure access to their personal data and history. This makes it easier for employees to access information without having to go through the human resources or accounting department. Employees feel empowered when they have access to their own information, and that level of empowerment can lead to increased satisfaction on the job.