Hour Timesheet Employee Timekeeping Software Tips
- Insight into how your work force spends time is critical. That's why employee time tracking software tools make so much sense. Knowing how much time your employees spend on overhead, project and tasks,and leave is invaluable data for your business's future.
- Timekeeping is not just for hourly employees. Nonexempt employees need to track hours for FLSA compliance but having salaried employees manage work progress is helpful too. Exception-based time tracking helps employers track employee attendance as well as improve the overall management of daily resources. Real time job tracking also greatly enhances ability to properly estimate project cost.
- Internal policies & approval workflows are the keys to a successful time clock implementation. Time entry software tools aren't in short supply, but it's how you use the software that defines your success. It's important to document your timekeeping policies and required approval workflows before you invest in a time & attendance tool.
- Don't be afraid of cloud-based automation tools. - both contractors and employees can start tracking time in minutes with a solution that offers a free plan for app downloads. Make sure your solution is hassle free and automatically syncs with your accounting software.
- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet, not a timekeeping solution. Yes, you can keep your employee time card data in Microsoft Excel... but is that really efficient? Don't be afraid to use the tools available to your industry to make you more productive. Rely on the experts...not Excel.