What is a Leave Management System?
A Leave management system is the process used to handle any kind of time off request and to track time that employees are away from work.
Leave management is one of the simplest yet crucial HR activities that often consumes a significant portion of the HR team’s time. To succeed as an organization, having a reliable leave management system is important.
Benefits of Automating Employee Leave
Leave management software can provide basic guidelines for establishing extended leave policies. The software can automatically keep track of the amount of time that employees are out of work and can report that information as needed or required.
- Eliminating Excessive Paper Work – It is quite common to find organizations, managing employee leaves across a series of spreadsheets or even using partially paper-based systems. Therefore, accurately tracking and recording employee time off become a real hassle.
- FLSA Compliance – In cases such as employee’s persistent short term absence or long term illness, it is imperative that employee benefit compliances is adhered to.
- Tracking leave pattern – It is very essential to track employee leave patterns to monitor the amount of paid leave, sick leaves and holiday patterns within your organization. .
Features Available in Automated Leave Management Systems
- Management and tracking of leave requests
- Management and tracking of leave on employee timesheet
- Online Approvals
- Leave balance and history access on timesheet
- Leave integration with payroll
- Detailed reports
- History of leaves rejected, approved and requested
Research has shown that poor leave management practices may negatively affect employee performance. It can also affect employee morale and therefore impact project deliverables.