Employee Leave Management
Purpose and Features of Employee Leave Management
Display leave balance data to employee
Allow employees to use leave on timesheet
Allow employees to submit Leave Request
Employee Leave Behavior
* Timesheet behavior is dependent on setup of leave policy.
* Balance is reduced after timesheet is submitted at the end of each timesheet period.
* User receives alert message upon entering time that exceeds current balance.
* User may be allowed to “go into the negative” if feature is configured.
* System will stop accruing leave once limit “ceiling” is reached. Additional leave earned or accrued after leave ceiling is reached is moved to the “lost” column.
* System will reset balance to “carry-over” value each year
* Balance will reflect manual adjustments (if any).
User ID – is a required field for leave management. To enter a User ID for each employee, use the Edit feature under the Employee/Employee List/More page. Note: for QuickBooks users, The user ID field is not required when setting up employees in your QuickBooks file. User Ids are also known as Employee Numbers. If your organization does not have established employee numbers system for your workforce, then any set of numbers will work in Hour Timesheet. For data security reasons, using an employee’s social security number is not advised.
User must have one of the following roles to setup/create new leave policies
1. Login to Hour Timesheet as Admin or Accountant role.
2. Navigate to Accounting→ Leave sub menu.
3. Click Create New Leave.
4. Enter Leave Name. (Sample: Sick Leave Pay)
5. Select Pay Type from drop down box. (Sample: Sick Leave)
6. Enter Leave Description. (Sample: Sick Leave Pay)
7. Enter Start Effective Date of new leave type. (Sample: 01/01/2018)
8. Click the Save button to complete.
9. Repeat steps 1-8 above for each leave type.
Continue to next step (configure leave policies)